Artesian gives you straightforward access to the data history to perform an analysis and produce a plan in the most compatible way.
Let’s see step-by-step how to proceed.
Enrich the market data from the Artesian Portal.
The reference data is fictitious, created exclusively for this case. With Artesian, it is possible to write any data attributable to a Time Series, making it suitable for saving your data production.
Let’s see how to proceed step by step.
The selection of the Market Data Time Series
At the top right side of the screen, next to the user, the Time Series option, with which we will find the list of Market Data present in the system, is already selected. If this is not the case, it is necessary to use the drop-down menu to switch from the GME Public Offers section to the Time Series section and thus be able to select and list the data of interest.
By selecting “PythonSDK” from the list of available providers, and choosing market data to extract, as the exemplified “ActualWrite” and “VersionedWrite”, we notice how the menu on the far left changes, showing us the type and the total number of market data selected.
Scrolling down the menu, we will have the options available to perform.
In this article, we will focus on the “Enrich” option.
“Enrich MetaData” :
is the operation that allows us to enrich market data’s metadata used for the extraction. On the screen, the Enrich MetaData option will enable us to see on the left the list of selected market data, showing their name (1), provider (2) and type (3) of market data; on the right, we can see which metadata to modify.
– “Timezone” (Meta1) it is possible to correct the original timezone of the data
– “TimeTransform” (Meta2) it is possible to select which time shift to apply to the data being extracted. Based on the selection made from the drop-down menu, it will be possible to choose a specific TimeTransform:
- “GASDAY66” allows you to convert the data according to the convention of the “GAS Day” starting at 6 a.m. of the day prior and ending at 5 a.m. of the current day, applying a positive shift of 6 hours.
- “THERMALYEAR” provides a negative shift of 3 months, bringing the data back to the standard of the thermal year
– “AggregationRule” (Meta 3) it is possible to select which operation the system must carry out if the data is extracted in a different granularity from the original one. You can choose whether to set it to “Undefined”, “SumAndDivide” or “AverageAndReplicate”.
– “Descrizione” (D) it is possible to add a text associated with the specific Market Data or set of Market Data
The changes made are confirmed via the Apply button, and their definitive validation is carried out.
“Enrich Time Transform” : E’ la sezione di gestione del Time Transform, quindi permette di visualizzare quali sono i Time Transform presenti in Artesian (vedendo anche il tipo di shift applicato), crearne di nuovi o modificare/eliminare quelli esistenti.
E’ possibile distinguere i Time Transform di sistema e quindi non modificabili e quelli creati dagli utenti, quindi editabili a piacere, osservando o l’id associato al Time Transform o dal fatto che i bottoni sono non cliccabili.
It is sufficient to employ just once and then have it entirely reproducible and automated in our workflow.
Not only does it save you time, but it allows you to minimize human errors caused by repeated operations on substantial amounts of data or different Excel files.
An undeniable advantage that allows us to focus on data analysis instead of its management and optimization.